Friday, August 31, 2012

Dearest Oliver,

You're here! My sweet little chipmunk, all snug in your bed currently while I pump out some food for you. Something I'm sure you'll love to think about when you're older, er, probably not. Oh well. You arrived August 21st at 2:40 am. 6lbs 7oz and 20.5" long. It was kind of scary thing for me, getting you here. I went into my doctor's appointment on the 20th and due to a complication (low fluid surrounding you) I was immediately ushered to the hospital for labor to be induced. At 5:00pm they started things in motion, and there you were in my arms, pooping all over me a little more than nine and a half hours later. That's right, pooping all over me. An event I'm sure I'll bring up on more than one occasion. Your God parents and grand parents were at the hospital with us waiting to greet you. You are so loved by so many people, it feels amazing to know that even if I were to leave this world today, you would still be loved and cared for. Let's not think about that though, shall we?

It's unreal to me how itsy bitsy teeny tiny you are. All the new born clothing just sort of hangs there. I can tell you're starting to fill out a bit though, as you've been greedily gobbling down all the milk offered to you every few hours for the past ten days. I gave you your first bath at home today... which you did not find amusing what so ever. I can't wait for you to start to grin (other than when you're passing gas) and laugh and coo. Right now the only sounds you make are whimpers, screams, and slurps as you eat. It's a little disheartening, but I have to remember that's the only way you know how to communicate right now.

I hope you're ready to take a journey with me my son, we have many miles to walk together. There are so many things in this world I long to show to you, so much I want to teach you. Already it seems like there are not enough hours in the day for me to accomplish all I hope to with you. I imagine as time turns the page, it only will get worse. I can't get over how much we have to learn about one another, and how devoted to you I already am. I hope that I am always there to dry your tears and make whatever is awful to you go away. From messy diapers and hunger pains, to broken hearts and shattered dreams. I'll be there for you as long as God is willing. I will always do the best I can, and try to give you the world - it's already beckoning you with open arms.

Be blessed my little one, for you are loved.

~Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment